Segment makes it easy to collect user data with one API and send it to hundreds of tools including Heap. The Segment source automatically captures all user properties and events sent to Segment in Heap.
With Heap's Segment source, you'll be able to:
- Understand what drives feature engagement and customer retention.
- Find bottlenecks in sign up and onboarding flows.
- Attribute conversion and identify the best performing marketing channels.
To set up the Heap Segment source, all you need to do is visit the Heap destination connection page in your Segment account. From this view, you'll need to
Confirm Source and then provide your environment ID in the subsequent view. You can find your corresponding environment ID within your Heap account settings under the
The Segment source is currently only available for web client-side data or server side Segment libraries. You'll need to install Heap directly if you're looking to install Heap on a native mobile application.
Once enabled, Heap will automatically capture all of the data included in our standard auto-capture solution in addition the following data from Segment:
- Any custom events tracked via Segment
- Any custom user properties sent as traits to Segment
Please refer to Segment's documentation for more information on the Heap Segment Source.